Sunday, March 16, 2008

I DID IT!!



6.2 miles, one ugly race shirt, a few sore muscles from the down hill course out of Snow Canyon State Park, and I have my first 10k under my running shoes. What an amazing run this was, coming down out of Snow Canyon early morning the sight of hundreds of runners winding there way down the downhill trail out of the beautiful red rocks.
Now what? Well I told my sister a long time ago if I ever said the word "Marathon" to remind me that I swore to her I never wanted to do one of those, well I still dont! But I do think I might attempt a "Half" marathon, plans now to just keep running and improving and one day she may just make me eat my words!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

You FREAKING ROCK! I am so proud of you! You inspire me~

Anonymous said...

That's so amazing! I've always thought about running a 5K or 10K, but then I find myself watching Friends whie eating a bag of Doritos and then I forget all about it. :) You're my hero.

Terri said...

You also said "I only want to be able to run three miles a day ..." In this case, your words might taste kinda good when you have to eat them. You DO rock!

Love you,