Monday, June 24, 2013

This is Living!

One morning on a cold bus ride up the canyon in Logan, having gotten only a few hours of sleep the night before with a 4 am wake up call, I noticed Melanie looking out the dark window I assume thinking to herself "What have we gotten ourselves into?" I was tired and questioning my training, was I really ready to run 13.1 miles back down to the finish line? A strong thought came to me, none of that mattered because we were "in the arena" "playing the game" I was done being a bystander in life. I tapped Melanie on the shoulder and said

"This is living!!"

She smiled and instantly agreed. From then on my running, my activities, my family time, my experiences all took on a new meaning to me, one I had been searching for, for a long time. Year's of therapy and it came to me on a bus lol (more on that later.)

I have re-named my blog appropriately. We are still "Team Gardner" this is a place for me to share our experiences, but also to celebrate our living!

There have been countless times since that bus ride I have stopped and taken the moment in and thought to myself "This is Living". It has become my motto,  one I love to share. I challenge you to take in those moments in life, the good , the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, and the hard and cherish everyone one of them because that is what living is!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I cried when I read about the reason for the name change. I have repeated and shared that line so many times since then. Thank you for continuing to be such and inspiration to me. I have done things that I never thought I would do because my goal is to live life to the fullest, even if it means I have to get up 4am to do it...I'm excited for all the adventures that will come up so that we can repeat again "this is living!".