Thursday, October 25, 2012

Playing with a Purpose



Every sports team plays to win, and there is nothing wrong with that, but along with winning there are so many more lessons to be taught. Coach Mckeehan has made such a great effort in teaching our girls to play volleyball with a purpose. I have watched Kyndall grow this year as much on the court as I have in everyday life because of this. The past few weeks the girls have played with one little girl and her family in mind, Please click here and read / listen to Mia's story.

We have all been so touched by her story and send many thoughts and prayers to this beautiful family. They have been invited to the first playoff game Friday morning, and and our girls will all be warming up in their Mia shirts.



As I took Kyndall to school this morning to watch the school do a send off for the volleyball team I had noticed she still had the word "Purpose" on the inside of her wrist, this is something she has done for a few games, but this morning I caught a glympe and noticed she had added to it Mia's name.



We want to win, dont get me wrong!! But I am beyond proud that they will be "Playing with a purpose"

Friday night our football team will start their playoff rounds against Delta, on Monday we attended a benefit night for Brian Scott, as I listened to a boy sing a song by Kenny Chesney holding back the tears as the lyrics talked about the "Boys of Fall" and "You mess with one of us you mess with us all" as the football team walked out holding a banner. I thought  "this town, these teachers, parents and coaches have done an amazing job in showing and teaching our kids a bigger purpose and how proud I am to live here and have my children apart of it."  I know our boys will also be "Playing with a purpose" for Brian.





There are so many good causes out there, so many people in need. I urge you to find what or who you are passionate about and play with a purpose!

Bike4mia


P.S GO TIGERS!!!

No comments: