Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Car Accidents and Life Decisions

Friday night I could not sleep, I have a hard time when the girls are out going to bed until they get home so I was on the couch watching TV about 10:30 Brad comes out of the room and says ...                       
                                   "Kyndall crashed"
                                
First your heart sinks.... and the slow motion starts, then questions start to fly "is she hurt?" "is anyone hurt?" "was there another car involved?"
We hurry and throw on some shoes and head out. Driving up to the scene is horrible, multiple cop cars and ambulance lights flashing and there she is sitting in the car terrified, and alone. She was leaving a friends house and lost control after swerving for a dog on a long dark gravel road, she tried to avoid a brick wall and instead went over a 3 foot berm which shot her into the air and about 50 feet into a field. Thankfully she was not hurt and besides the car nothing else was damaged.

This was the day she got her license only 5 months ago. PS they totalled the car :(


Torrie has wanted to move to Provo and live in the upstairs corner room at Grandma Shereen's since she was probably 8 years old. She would spend time there every summer and would cry when we came to take her home. The constant commotion and activity at the Gardner house was exciting and she loved being around Aunts, Uncles (some only a few years older than her) and cousins. As everyone grew up and things calmed down she didn't talk about it as much, until about a month ago.

She came to me and said "I have a feeling I need to go to Provo." Again my heart sinks.....
                         I know she needs to go.

 She has a great job here as a surgical assistant to an Oral Surgeon, she has put off the idea of leaving knowing she has an amazing job and needs the experience and longevity of it. But feeling like if she doesn't go now at 20 years old she might never get out and experience life, spread her wings and get out on her own, and someday will regret not following the promptings she is having.

It is so hard to watch her go through this time in her life, she says "What should I do?" my heart says "STAY HERE! don't ever leave, don't ever grow up" but my gut says "Its time"

My Sweet Tor Tor :)


Oh the joys of parenthood I am sure my heart will Sing and Sink for them many more times and I wouldn't change it for the world!

3 comments:

Carol Hennessy said...

My heart will break when she leaves, as it has for you, Terri and Mike when you left home. Now it's the next generation and the fear for her is as big as my fear was for all of you. I guess I don't 'let go' of my kids well. You guys have been great parents and have taught her well. She needs to do this for herself.

Raleigh Crowl said...

You’ve been a wonderful parent. You’ve raised two beautiful girls, and were brave enough to let them go when it was time. Well, accidents may happen anytime, and the best that we can do is to try to keep ourselves and our loved ones as safe as possible.

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Raleigh! Brad and Shannon are amazing parents. I’m sure your girls are very thankful for having you around. If Torrie’s going to leave, it is just for a reason. By the way, how’s the car? Did you ask your insurance to cover your repair costs? Also, please update us with how Kyndall is coping. Hope she didn’t have any serious emotional trauma after that.

Nannie Leick