Monday, June 3, 2013

Bad Ass Dash / Vegas

Every year my boss takes our supervisor team to Las Vegas for a long weekend, its always a much needed break and a great time. I am extremely lucky to work with people that I enjoy spending a weekend with. We always try to break up the trip with some sort of "active" event, I wont go into all of the things we have done but I wont deny that a Pole Dancing class has been on the list, for fitness of course :)

Sometime in March: The first thing Melanie and I did was search for any events happening that weekend , which happened to be Memorial Day, the only thing we found was a mud run called "Bad Ass Dash", Uh NO Thank you. We decided to pass, my only other experience with a mud run was fun but just not cup of tea. Out of our group of about 10 only about half have ever participated in our adventures. This year has been different with all of us getting older and all concerned and worried about our health and fitness more have joined, including our boss.

Forward a month later: The email comes in from Boss saying
"I have found our event for Vegas The Bad Ass Dash"

He really thinks I am funny

 
And here we are Team Mud Warriors, a little hard to miss us....in the orange
 
 
My Stud husband actually took 4th in his age group! and 58th overall out of over 2000 people.
 

 
That water was freezing

My boss Troy, he had so much fun.

ya this wasn't that fun. Allergies and hay bails don't mix well
 
My upper body work in boot camp paid off here
 
ok ok this part was fun :) I think I was even squealing
 
 
 
 
Troy and I climbing over a semi truck
 
 
One of my fav's I worked for Morris for years and have never seen him throw a fit like this lol
 
 
Up and over a few vehicles to the finish

 
The Premier Team
 
 




 




No comments: