Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weekend Plans... and side stories



We Gardner’s like to see how much fun and excitement we can cram into one weekend. We are all headed up North. Friday night football at West Jordan, and Friday and Saturday volleyball at Bingham High, a long overdue Gardner get together with all the Sis's and Bro's on Saturday night (missing the Hatch's big time :( and becuase that wasnt enough I decided to throw in this.........



and this is why....



This is so true! You really do forget how painful these things are and they sound like a really good idea a short time after, kinda like baby amnesia you find yourself wanting to do it again only to get a few days away from it and the flood of memories comes rushing back to you, and you think “oh crap this is gonna hurt!” However nothing beats crossing that finish line, not as good as giving birth to a beautiful child, but close hahah.

My friend Melanie has been my long distance running buddy, we have trained for a marathon and a half marathon together all while living 6 hours apart. The runs are pretty boring but calling each other afterwards to give a full report of how the run went has honestly helped me so much. I cannot count the times I called her or she called me after a long marathon training run and we said “I CANT DO THIS” we would offer encouragement to each other and remind ourselves why we are doing this (ya that parts still fuzzy).



My favorite times are when we have gotten to actually run together doing 2 Ragnar’s together and the marathon, which she smoked me at! I honestly hope I can keep up with her for the TOU Half, we have agreed to make this an experience and just have FUN.

(Side story) The first time we did Ragnar the van was full of people I knew but Melanie didn’t, she was being so thoughtful and helpful with buying supplies and things for our van. There was a full Costco size box of Veggie Straws that was being moved around the van and just seemed to be in the way, Kelli decided to finally just sleep with them.



Finally getting annoyed with them she says "WHO brought these Damn Veggie Straws?"

Melanie raised her hands and said "I DID, you want some?"

Every one laughed and the next 35 hours together was sure smelly, sleep deprived bliss.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Every time I see veggie straws I
laugh out load!