Saturday, August 4, 2012

The White Stuff!

I was watching a commercial during the Olympics of various athletes talking about what they had given up or sacrificed to follow their dreams of been an Olympian; a male gymnast said “I have not ordered dessert in 2 year”. Oh my start the award ceremony right now this guy deserves a gold medal just for that!

Why are we so in love with the white stuff? I have been on a quest to find out I have read and read and searched I have come to realize just how bad this stuff is for us (like I really didn’t know that on my own?) and that they put it in everything! I decided to find out why I cannot seem to shake the excessive sugar habit, below is a survey which by the way I FAILED! See how you do by answering yes or no to each question

Take this quiz to see if you are addicted to sugar:

• Have you ever used sugar as a reward for something? YEP

• Have you ever used sugar to change your mood, like when you felt sad, tired, or when you needed a lift? YES

• Have you ever eaten sugar even when you weren’t hungry? THAT’S A POSITIVE!

• Have you ever tried to stop eating sugar and couldn’t? ohh YES

• Have you ever taken a small bite of something sweet and felt compelled to finish the whole thing? ABSOLUTELY

• Have you ever banished sugar and carbohydrates from your diet, but began eating them again because you couldn’t resist the pull they had on you? SI

• Have you ever quit eating sugar and when you started eating it again, couldn’t stop binging? UH HUH

After realizing that I answered YES to everyone of those questions, and the second but not insignificant fact that I am borderline Type 2 diabetic, I have decided to make a change. I believe in moderation and that if you tell yourself you cannot have something that is all you think about but considering my desperate state of addiction it is necessary that I go on a strict NO sugar challenge.

My friend and I decided to do this together, because I cannot lie to her if I cheat and its great accountability. The one stipulation was that we not start until after her daughters b-day party on Saturday hahaha, call it what you will one last hooray, the last super, and the fact that Carie makes the world’s best treats! She’s a baker and a good one she has made the most beautiful wedding cakes for years, in retirement from that now but I am crossing fingers shell come out of it for at least two more occasions (my girls:) This will be tough on her too when you’re a master of sugar creations like she is.

We decided to start with a 2 week challenge and believe at the end we will feel so good that we will extend it 2 more weeks, after that maybe adding back in some things like natural sweeteners, honey, molasses, and agave.

Also this just in! Brad is going to join us, more on why in the next post.

No comments: