Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Man!



I will never forget the call I got on a November early morning from my dear friend Mindy saying "We have a little boy!" Mindy had helped to pull me through on of the worst times in my life that year, and I was so happy for her and her family as they welcomed a new baby boy into their family. Carter Brooks Mcnabb aka Little Man. It would be my time to help in what ever way I could as the reality for Mindy and Eric was that Carter had some health issues and the theories of what was wrong were flying fast but no one could say exactly what was wrong. All I knew as I got to hold him for the first time was that he was a little angel and had eyes that seemed to me mature beyond his few days on earth, there was a definite peaceful nature about him I had never experienced with any other baby. Carter was born on 11/11 in his 111 days on earth he was cherished, loved, nurtured, he was their EVERYTHING. Having a chance to watch this kind of love flow through this family was amazing.



We had the honor to hold Carter hours before he returned to his Heavenly Father, all I can say was that room, the spirit that was around us all, Carter's eyes were the Closest thing I have ever felt to the veil.



Last year Mindy and I decided to run 11 races in 2011 in honor of Carter (can you get the 11's yet?) Finishing a few of these races there were definite occurances of Carter being with his mom. She would be 11th in her age group. Or her first 10k run ever she ran an 11:11 pace!. One 10k we were tired the course was alot harder than we had prepared for as we turned dow the final road , yep it was 11th street! I will never forget or change anything about our marathon experience, Mindy he was there for you that day! it was a long day and we were able to finish together.



"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime"

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”

Mindy Mcnabb I am forever never the same becuase of you my sister!!

Ohtahara Syndrome

No comments: