Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pounding the Pavement and Back in the Saddle


The fall sports seasons are over, and its time to get back at it.

I started back running with a new friend. I have missed having someone to go with, to push each other, when you know they are out in the 25 degree cold morning air its great motivation to get the behind out of bed to meet them. We started  our training off with a series of hills to tackle hoping to build up some endurance for our "normal" runs. Brad calls this section of road "The Double D's" yes he nicknames everything! They really do earn the name being I believe a 8-10% grade one right after the other. I hope to keep this up throughout the winter, in years past this is when I take a break but for the mental sanity of myself and in return for my family I NEED this! As the saying goes.........



Torrie and I attended a Zumba class together last week, I am not sure she liked it but said she would go again, she was behind me the whole time probably thinking to herself,

"Wow my mom still knows how to Pop Lock AND Drop it!!"
Or this is why she was noncommittal to going back with me lol.

The thing with Zumba is the dang mirror stretched across the front of the class that gives you a great view of your coordination or lack of, and just how successful you are at shaking your thang. I am always reminded of this picture when dancing, but you know what as long as I "feel" like that hot zumba girl and don't look in the mirror to be shocked into reality, its GREAT!!!



Brad and Kydall have gotten out the bikes and done some great rides. Kyndall is one tough cookie on the bike. She did a 26 mile ride the other day with Brad and another friend around Sand Hallow even got a flat, thank goodness Dad was there to fix. I think for her she is alot like me and the bike is her time to be quite, be with herself and her thoughts, I am glad she has an outlet to use and takes advantage of it.

We are planning on hiking Angels Landing in Zion's National Park on Thanksgiving morning, its such a great way to get up and be active before the big meal. If you are ever in the park its a must check it out here >>>>>Angels Landing

No comments: